SPI Water Services News
Irrigation DO’s and DON’Ts:
- DO irrigate during early morning hours when temperatures are cooler and there is less sun to evaporate the water and less wind to interfere with the spray pattern.
- DO irrigate for short cycles to prevent water pooling and run-off.
- DO keep grass height at 3” or taller to promote root growth and increase drought tolerance.
- DO trim bushes to prevent interference with the spray pattern.
- DON’T water things that don’t grow! Reposition or replace spray heads that water driveways, sidewalks, etc.
- Separate irrigation zones based on landscaping needs (turf areas and plant beds should be in different irrigation zones)
- Use drought-tolerant landscaping where possible
- Mulch plant beds 2 – 3” deep to help prevent evaporation and retain moisture
- Install a rain sensor
- Do not mix sprays, rotors and rotary nozzles in the same zone due to different precipitation rates
- Use pressure regulating sprays for optimum pressure and to prevent misting at the nozzle
- Match precipitation in each zone by changing nozzles (a 360° head should apply 4x as much water as a 90° head)
SPI Water Services has a number of business opportunities available – For further information please contact Robert Lindsay on 0404 185 752.
Using licensed Plumbers, Irrigators and Drainers is the simplest and most effective way of ensuring that plumbing work complies with regulations.
Who’s doing your plumbing?
Using licensed plumbers and drainers is the simplest and most effective way of ensuring that plumbing work complies with regulations to minimise unnecessary risk to your family’s health and safety.
Rectifying defective or non-compliant work can be far more expensive than the original cost. As a consumer, using an appropriately qualified plumber or drainer will help to protect you and your family as well as your bank account.
Please visit the Department of Housing and Public Works website for more information about licensed plumbers and drainers.
For further information about plumbing and drainage licenses call 1300 272 272, visit the Building Services Authority website or contact the Plumbing Industry Council on 1800 682 021 (free call), (07) 3235 4149 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
A Spear Pump system is designed to pump water from the water table underground to the surface. To do this we utilise a stainless steel sand spear and pump to draw the water up to the surface. A spear is basically a shallow well bore. Note: Sand Spears can be installed at varying depths.
The water that is brought to the surface is ideally used for irrigation (watering gardens), washing the car & Boat, topping up water tanks, filling swimming pools. Sand Spears can be installed in areas where the ground is sanding – This system will not work if you are on clay, shale, sandy loam etc SPI Water Services has pioneered specialist equipment to tackle coffee Rock/Injurated Sand.
What do you get?
- FREE WATER! – no permit or licence required
- SAVINGS on council rates
- NO More council fines for watering your garden
- NO excessive water bills
- NO Water Restrictions –
Note: Some areas require additional equipment to ensure clean water, at SPI Water Services we can supply and fit a filtration system so that the ground water can be used for personal consumption.
Surfers Pumps and Irrigation use only superior pumps for Spear Point use, we specifically tailor all systems to the clients needs. Standard pumps systems include stable concrete block (base & including bolts or can be wall mounted), two taps & quality fittings. Manual Pumps are available but we do recommend automatic pumping systems. Spear Pumping Systems range from .6H.P. to 3H.P. in single phase, we can also install 3 phase systems, Solar and Petrol/Diesel motor driven pumps.
The products we use are of high quality and come with a minimum of 12 months warranty and two years warranty on installation. The Sand screens come with a 10 year warranty and are supplied by Full Flow Sand Screens (established by Don Tillotson). We install all systems to ensure the best water quality. We also offer pump servicing and maintenance.
We have been able to install Spear Pumps Systems from Jacobs Well, South East Queensland (including Moreton Bay Islands) too Northern New South Wales. Should you wish find out if you can get free water call us today for an obligation free quotation?